CANDYY :D

Basically this is my dumpster for random stuff. As in EVERYTHING. So yeah.

Anyone watch 'Aliens in the Attic'? It's the lamest movie I've ever seen in my LIFE but it was the inspiration for the name of this blog :P Yesh, it's TV~~

Monday, November 15, 2010

Annapurna Trek, Nepal

Oh my gosh it was awesome! Never in my life have I been so close to any mountain so big or beautiful... it's so perfect it's almost surreal. Seriously, it was straight out of a postcard! No, I did not go to some random souvenir shop and buy some picture of Everest. I was actually there. And it was amazing. I mean, living in Hong Kong I'm pretty used to mountains and stuff, but these are... well, there's no competition. There's snow. It's so beautiful! There's hardly any chances for you to be next to such big mountains, are there? Unless you live there, of course. It just... doesn't seem real, you know? I felt so tiny and insignificant after seeing them. Geez, those tiring walks and continuous shortness of breath were so worth it. TOP OF THE WORLD! (not really... hehe)

The food was pretty good as well. I mean, after hearing about all the diarrhea cases last year I didn't really expect much, but the curry was really awesome. And all the cold lemon! Hehe... you'd think that after drinking the same thing five days straight I'd get sick of it, but it just tastes awesome every time. There were tons of potatoes, though. Potatoes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, every single fricking day. I have no quarrel against potatoes; in fact, I love them. But really? Isn't that a bit much?
Surprisingly, they had really good pizza. Seriously. I loved the pizza. You just can't get that kind of food here.

Ah, then the cities. Pokhara's okay, I guess. It's reasonably clean, at least, the place we visited. The people are friendly enough (please don't include all those pedophiles who tried to invite me for tea). And it's not too noisy either, I mean, I wouldn't have too many complaints living there. But Kathmandu? It's exciting, I'll give you that. But it's really noisy; there are motorbikes everywhere and horns honking really loudly. Plus there's rubbish everywhere. Okay, I'm being a bit judgmental seeing as I didn't visit a lot of it, but still. I'm a city girl, and I always will be, but honestly, I think I like the mountains a lot better than the cities. It's a lot less modernized, but at least it's nice and peaceful and wide and clean. Freshest air I will ever breathe.

But despite my qualms with the city, I have never had more fun in my life. This is comparable to Japan and skiing, and that's saying something. Nepal really is a stunning country, and I'm not just talking about the views. If I had the chance, I would definitely go back. I really would. It is positively awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment